Saturday, March 24, 2018

Reflection on Counseling course

Before I started Teaching diploma, I was always worried and offended about being a teacher, since I hated to be like the teachers who taught me. But when I took counseling course I started loving teaching job and I started looking at it in a different way. With this course I also started believing that teaching job isn't only a teacher standing in classroom center giving information, ideas, knowledge to a students sitting in their chairs listening, following and taking notes, It's a teacher, a counselor who care about his student's life issues, problems, emotions and tried to help them overcome it, It's a teacher with a counselor role who can detect psychological problems and solve it. This let me think how much a teacher have the power to change student's life, inspire them, give them hope, It's really a great job! We discussed Freudian psychoanalytic view ( Id: actions made us happy, Ego: decisions we make, Superego: values and models). We also discussed a very important topic about Ego-defense mechanisms, that are behaviors individuals do unconsciously to protect their ego. As teachers I think we should learn these subjects to be able to interpret student's behavior and detect issues, for improving their education and developing their personalities in a healthy way. Students are born scientists, they love to explore things and learn, but sometimes their life, family issues widely affect them in a negative way  and may lead them to worse places if not treated well.

Image result for counseling

No comments:

Post a Comment

Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign

October is the World Breast Cancer Awareness month. On October 25, 2017, School of arts and science organized an event to raise awareness a...